I brought up the number of accidents at this spot just under a year ago due to the number of accidents, officially (that means reported to the Police) there have been five recent accidents at the site.
At the June meeting of the Local Highways Panel the work was approved and will now be going ahead. The actual changes will be quite small but include
- Refresh the line markings on the road
- Add an informal domed island at the give way marking in Watery Lane (partly to deter drivers turning right into Watery Lane from cutting across the junction)
- Re-install a short stretch of kerbing by the pumping station to improve the carriageway definition
- Cut back the vegetation by the pumping station
- Remove part of the existing hatching to highlight the turning point
Hopefully this work should make a difference to the safety of this junction.
If anyone believes that there are any other accident spots in Hullbridge/Hockley, or elsewhere in the District, please let me know as I can look into them and bring them to the Highways Panel for consideration.